Transfer StudentsPage address: http://english.mnsu.edu/transfer.html
General information for students seeking to transfer credits, including the relevant Minnesota State policies and procedures, can be found at the transfer of credit page. Students are also encouraged to use Transferology to see how courses will transfer to Minnesota State University, Mankato.
Many transfer credits are automatically matched by our Registrar’s Office. Incoming students should wait until the Registrar’s Office has reviewed their transcripts before taking any other steps.
If you believe you are not receiving appropriate transfer credit for an ENG course, the English Department can review the course materials and advise the Registrar’s Office of its opinion about the course equivalency. Please provide the following materials to the Department Chair:
- Your name and TechID
- The institution, course number, and term of the transfer course (for example, Normandale ENGL 1102, Fall 2012)
- The bulletin description and syllabus for the course from the term you took the course (if you do not have the syllabus, please contact the home institution for a copy)
- Courses from other institutions must be at least 75% equivalent in order to transfer as substitutes for MSU courses
- Credits earned at other institutions that are not equivalent to MSU courses still count as credits toward graduation (for example, if an ENG course taken elsewhere does not count toward the requirements of the ENG major, it would still count toward the 120 credits required for graduation)
- Courses are reviewed both for content and for level (for example, a survey of American literature taught at the 100-level might not be the equivalent of a survey of American literature taught at the 300-level)
- Please allow 1-2 weeks for the English Department to review your course materials